cOULSON AND FALCON
cOULSON AND FALCON
LEARN UR PERSPECTIVE BASICS, KIDS! ╰(´◔ω◔ `)╯
here is some stuff i am tired of in my young adult lit:
- our heroine tires of silly useless femme girls
- also those girls are probably bitches
- thoughtful/taciturn fathers and emotional/babbling mother
- everyone is an only child unless they have an annoying little brother
- protagonists with no interests, passions, or strong opinions
- (he was a demon/angel/vampire/werewolf/boggart/gremlin who cared about literally nothing until he met me and now we care about literally nothing but each other)
- condescension is sexy
- lol what are other women how do you friendship them
- this love triangle: popular or dangerous guy + heroine + her male best friend
- "well then maybe i don’t want to be a princess!!!" (feminine royalty as a gilded cage that you run away from in boots to join the joyously penniless)
- first person snark
- that was the summer my parents got divorced and my brother died and i moved across the country to live with my aunt who was friggin weird oh hey a cute boy
- as a girl you’re not liberated or powerful until you have a sword
- conversely as a girl don’t even worry your boyf has this under control
- our heroine needs to learn to lighten up and go with the flow
- why would he like me
- greyscale covers of kids in flowing garments outside during a storm getting pneumonia
I am going to write something that subverts pretty much all of these.
can we also note that in the middle gifs Bucky has proper trigger discipline and the fucking Winter Soldier has shitty TD so is it that Hydra made him give no fucks about gun safety because people are just collateral? I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS WAS INTENTIONAL ON SEB’S PART (via thescarlettfangirl)
this is an EXCELLENT POINT and I’m going to talk about it. in gun safety the first thing you learn is 1: do not ever point your gun at something unless you are going to shoot it and 2: do not ever put your finger on the trigger unless you’re going to put a bullet through something.
Bucky Barnes knows the importance of trigger safety. Bucky Barnes was trained by the US Army to never put his finger on the trigger unless he was going to absolutely shoot something
The Winter Soldier is a weapon. The only time the Soldier is ever given a weapon, he is absolutely going to shoot something. It’s his mission. It’s all he does. Thaw, wipe, point, shoot, kill, freeze, repeat. It’s as natural to him as anything can be—a finger on the trigger and intent to kill on his mind
#something i just wish i hadn’t noticed: bucky does this thing with his mouth like he’s trying to phrase his offer to steve#bucky isn’t this super suave guy who always knows what to say and when#not even to the guy he grew up with#i need 2 sit down#maybe for 70 years
pARISA ffff i need those tags for accuracy help me
he does that wince-frown two other times in the movie; later in this same scene
and earlier in the film, during the conversation with Pierce in the bank vault. Yeah. That frown he does after he goes “but I knew him”.
That expression was 100% Bucky Barnes.
a bi/pan person marrying someone does not indicate a preference for that gender, it indicates a preference for that PERSON
This is honestly one of my favorite Spongebob moments. Can we take a minute to realize how clever the writing for this show used to be?
if we got all the cats in the world to meow at exactly the same time how loud would it be
Well the average cat meow is like 65/75dB (above speaking volume but below shouting) and there are about 2bn cats in the world, so, by that math, 130-150bn dB. Which is about 100 million jets taking off at once.
Was that a pun